Forum: Ruby Ruby's devkit not working.

B108916be03f8a27b45bb94ca26648d2?d=identicon&s=25 cynic limbu (cyniclimbu)
on 2014-02-19 16:05
Cmd

c:\Ruby200\devkit>ruby dk.rb init
[INFO] found RubyInstaller v2.0.0 at C:/Ruby200

Initialization complete! Please review and modify the auto-generated
'config.yml' file to ensure it contains the root directories to all
of the installed Rubies you want enhanced by the DevKit.

Even after that I still get the same message saying

Please upgrade your PATH or download devkit...

Is it because I installed it on the same folder where ruby is?

Same folder but a new sub-directory though.

C: > ruby200 > devkit

*Checked for name with white space : No error
*Checked the config file : No error

Any solutions?
920f6e4a0fbf997d851455f827a10ebc?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
after that step did you do
ruby dk.rb install
?

"ruby-talk" <ruby-talk-bounces@ruby-lang.org> wrote on 02/19/2014
10:05:10
AM:
503b861c1ea3bcd8d3614a6a8f988c45?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Bradley (elcobar)
on 2014-02-19 18:49
Damn!  I just wrote a five paragraph post and got the message 'sorry,
something went wrong".  That sucks!!
503b861c1ea3bcd8d3614a6a8f988c45?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Bradley (elcobar)
on 2014-02-19 18:57
Okay, look at this little app.  This is from TurboCAD, and does nothing
more than draw a rectangle.  I need to draw columns, beams, etc.  A
column drawing app should get baseplate dimensions, holes in the plate,
column size and length, maybe the cap plate size, maybe anchor bolt size
and dimensions, and should draw two or three views, hidden lines, center
lines, etc.

This app could be modified, but the user input has to be far more
extensive.

I'm busy drawing.  I tried to post the file, but keep getting a error
message. Would anyone like to help out on this?

Elcobar

# TCAPIRectangle.rb

# load the libraries
  require 'system.xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
  require 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
  require 'PresentationCore, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
  require 'windowsbase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
include System::Windows::Markup;

def tc_rectangle_test
  # load the xaml file
  window = UI.LoadXaml("RectangleWPFSample.xaml")

  # get the controls
  button = window.find_name('drawBox')
    if button == nil then
      puts "drawBox button control not found. Check name spelling in
xaml file."
      exit
    end
  length1 = window.find_name('length1')
    if length1 == nil then
      puts "length1 text control not found. Check name spelling in xaml
file."
      exit
    end
  height1 = window.find_name('height1')
    if height1 == nil then
      puts "height1 text control not found. Check name spelling in xaml
file."
      exit
    end

  # Handle button click
  button.click do |sender, args|
    puts "length1: " + length1.Text
    puts "height1: " + height1.Text
    ents = TCApplication.ActiveDrawing.Graphics
    ents.AddLineRectangle(0, 0, 0,
System::Convert.ToDouble(length1.Text),
System::Convert.ToDouble(height1.Text), 0)
    window.Close
  end

  window.Show

end
#Run
UI.menu("Plugins").add_item("TC Rectangle"){tc_rectangle_test}
B108916be03f8a27b45bb94ca26648d2?d=identicon&s=25 cynic limbu (cyniclimbu)
on 2014-02-20 10:12
Steve Bradley wrote in post #1137251:
> Okay, look at this little app.  This is from TurboCAD, and does nothing
> more than draw a rectangle.  I need to draw columns, beams, etc.  A
> column drawing app should get baseplate dimensions, holes in the plate,
> column size and length, maybe the cap plate size, maybe anchor bolt size
> and dimensions, and should draw two or three views, hidden lines, center
> lines, etc.

As I read from top to bottom the more I feel like it's a question rather
than an answer to my question.

You can ask your own question here
https://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/new?forum_id=4
B108916be03f8a27b45bb94ca26648d2?d=identicon&s=25 cynic limbu (cyniclimbu)
on 2014-02-20 10:15
unknown wrote in post #1137238:
> after that step did you do
> ruby dk.rb install
> ?

Yes I did indeed.

I downloaded the file
Extracted it to the folder ruby200 and saved it in a new sub-directory
named devkit

Than I opened cmd and cd to the directory where the devkit was extracted
and did

ruby dk.rb init

*I tried both 64 & 32 bit versions and I'm still getting the same error*
920f6e4a0fbf997d851455f827a10ebc?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Sorry to ask again, but I'm still not sure you did all the steps.
You said that you did the 'install' but then you gave a list of all of
the
steps you did and didn't include the 'install'.
Did you do BOTH
        ruby dk.rb init
AND
        ruby dk.rb install
?

"ruby-talk" <ruby-talk-bounces@ruby-lang.org> wrote on 02/20/2014
04:15:11
AM:

> Yes I did indeed.
>
> I downloaded the file
> Extracted it to the folder ruby200 and saved it in a new sub-directory
> named devkit
>
> Than I opened cmd and cd to the directory where the devkit was extracted
B108916be03f8a27b45bb94ca26648d2?d=identicon&s=25 cynic limbu (cyniclimbu)
on 2014-02-20 15:07
> Did you do BOTH
>         ruby dk.rb init
> AND
>         ruby dk.rb install

I don't really think there is any difference between init & install

But no I only did ruby dk.rb init not ruby dk.rb install
Existing account

No account? Register here.