Forum: Ruby on Rails How to decrypt .net API response in rails app ?

576908ab294e24dadb3303a6667b8776?d=identicon&s=25 fahim patel (fahim_patel)
Hello folks,

I am using .net API and response of API is in encrypted form. Please let
me
know how should I proceed to do decryption.

Thanks! in advance.

Best Regards
Fahim Babar Patel
3483e7782badfc1b1c9f36540b2560fe?d=identicon&s=25 Arun kant sharma (Guest)
If you have decryption keys then write an helper function using
bcrypt-ruby
lib's general crypto algorithms. Also don't store keys in source code
but
in environment.

Best
Arun
On Monday, February 3, 2014 6:23:24 AM UTC, Fahim Patel wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I am using .net API and response of API is in encrypted form. Please let
> me know how should I proceed to do decryption.

Well the specifics will depend on how the response was encrypted, but
ruby's openssl library contains most of the raw crypto stuff you're
likely
to need. There are also some higher level libraries that are supposed to
be
easier to work with (eg ezcrypto) although I'm not very familiar with
these.

Fred
576908ab294e24dadb3303a6667b8776?d=identicon&s=25 fahim patel (fahim_patel)
Thanks all for reply.

API team is not going to provide any information but they said following
things will resolve our issue:-
1. Create an encryption DLL and add it to the SoapExtension section
2.   Tell clients to purchase SSL certificate otherwise the data that is
being transferred will be ‘in the clear’
3.      Create your own SSL certificate and install on client’s computer

SSL certificate sound good. I am using "savon 2".
Existing account

No account? Register here.