Forum: GNU Radio hier blocks with message output pads

C369ebbe1655201988e376af57460f23?d=identicon&s=25 Achilleas Anastasopoulos (Guest)
Hi there,

I am having the following problem:

I create a simple hier block in grc and one of the outputs is
a message. I added an output pad with message port, but I see two
issues:

1) the colour of the pad connection is not exactly the same as the
message
connection (maybe this implies something...)

When I compile the block, the python code does not have any
signature that refers to the message output.

Am i doing something obviously wrong?

Thanks
Achilleas
79b27563469f31314903878209a41971?d=identicon&s=25 Koslowski, Sebastian (CEL) (Guest)
On 01/29/2014 06:20 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
> 1) the colour of the pad connection is not exactly the same as the
> message connection (maybe this implies something...)

Like the color difference between "Message Queue" and "Async Message"
ports (see Help-->Types)?

> When I compile the block, the python code does not have any
> signature that refers to the message output.

Can you provide an example (your files, a screen-shot, a generic
example,...)?

Sebastian

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Koslowski
Research Associate

Kaiserstrae 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-46275
Fax:   +49 721 608-46071
Email: sebastian.koslowski@kit.edu
Web:   http://www.cel.kit.edu/

KIT  University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National
Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
C369ebbe1655201988e376af57460f23?d=identicon&s=25 Achilleas Anastasopoulos (Guest)
Sebastian,

it turns out that the colour mismatch was not the issue here (your
pointed
questions
made me realize that).

There must be a problem with hier blocks with 4 or more ports (one of
which
is an async message)!!!

I attach here a trivial example.

I will also repost this question under a separate title on the mailing
list...

Achilleas

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Koslowski, Sebastian (CEL) <