Forum: GNU Radio NTSC Modulation?

251837def8dc83f41a60e659d94d40d4?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Jordan (jowijo)
Googling around and was wondering if anyone has managed to get NTSC
(Analog
TV) modulation working in GNURadio. I have ATSC up and going, but would
like to do some analog stuff too as my old exciter is junk. If not,
where
do I start?
B4ffbc711addde4c649b1ed526df6157?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On 29.01.2014 09:48, Jordan Johnson wrote:
> Googling around and was wondering if anyone has managed to get NTSC
> (Analog TV) modulation working in GNURadio. I have ATSC up and going,
> but would like to do some analog stuff too as my old exciter is junk. If
> not, where do I start?

Googling around gives me this:
http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.radio.general/2005-01/msg00029.html
Seems that Martin DvH has already done something similar.

Also, where to start depends on where you are now.

- Is your hardware setup fine? I.e. can you get a good NTSC signal into
your machine?
- How well do you know GNU Radio and signal processing?

In general, I think a gr-ntsc would be interesting. Have a look at the
tutorials on how to write an OOT-module. If you have more specific
questions, just come back to this thread.

MB
251837def8dc83f41a60e659d94d40d4?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Jordan (jowijo)
My question pertains to modulation (transmission), not reception. :) I
have
yet to find much of anything in the way of examples or a foundation of
doing this. Kind of surprised this seems to be an uncommon thing.

TL;DR: I would like to modulate an NTSC (analog) TV signal using
GNURadio.
Existing account

No account? Register here.