Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails based Web IDE

C942e6226f6250cf5835e960296a929c?d=identicon&s=25 Oleksii Zaitsev (Guest)
I am going to create Ruby on Rails application that works like minimal
web
based IDE.

I want to implement several components:

   1. Web terminal to interact with local unix machine.
   2. Tree view file navigation.
   3. Text editor with syntax highlight.

The main goal of application is to create/edit ruby or python script in
editor, run it in the terminal and see the output.

I investigated this tool http://codiad.com/ It has good file editor and
terminal plugin. But it seems too complex and it has php backend.

Is there any tools like web terminal or file editor that are easy to
integrate into rails application?
Oleksii Zaitsev wrote in post #1134538:
> I am going to create Ruby on Rails application that works like minimal
> web
> based IDE.
>
> I want to implement several components:
>
>    1. Web terminal to interact with local unix machine.
>    2. Tree view file navigation.
>    3. Text editor with syntax highlight.
>
> The main goal of application is to create/edit ruby or python script in
> editor, run it in the terminal and see the output.
>
> I investigated this tool http://codiad.com/ It has good file editor and
> terminal plugin. But it seems too complex and it has php backend.
>
> Is there any tools like web terminal or file editor that are easy to
> integrate into rails application?

You might try asking how these guys do it:
https://www.codeschool.com
Existing account

No account? Register here.