Forum: Ruby on Rails Help with carrierwave.

D50f52512bb303123a1c9827bb1a92bd?d=identicon&s=25 p val (Guest)
Im new at this web-development world and im trying to learn ror:
i've been installing different gems but i recently added this one:
http://railscasts.com/episodes/253-carrierwave-file-uploads

first thing i was lost a bit becouse this tutorial didnt explain me
things
that by myself had to search for, like:
rails g scaffold paintings gallery:references and stuff i didnt know.

After so many tries i can't make it work by myself on a different
project

also i had to install a gem called protected_attributes for rails -v 4

tl;dr: i cant make work carrierwave on my own project just like that
project.

i would love to know if i can get a LOG from the command history when
the
guy in this tutorial made his models ,scaffold, variables, etc.

If anyone could help me, please, i dont like being stuck when learning
this
:( makes me think im not for it or something.
thanks.
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:30:28 AM UTC+1, p val wrote:

> Im new at this web-development world and im trying to learn ror:
> i've been installing different gems but i recently added this one:
> http://railscasts.com/episodes/253-carrierwave-file-uploads
>
> first thing i was lost a bit becouse this tutorial didnt explain me things
> that by myself had to search for, like:
> rails g scaffold paintings gallery:references and stuff i didnt know.

That's some pretty basic rails usage - you might want to try some of the
tutorials at guides.rubyonrails.org. Michael Hartl's rails tutorial is
also
well spoken of and is also kept up to date in response to changes to
rails
itself.

> If anyone could help me, please, i dont like being stuck when learning
> this :( makes me think im not for it or something.
> thanks.

I think you will get a better response if you can detail specific
problems
you've encountered - it's tough to answer questions that only state that
doesn't work.

Fred
Existing account

No account? Register here.