Forum: Ruby on Rails Logging / Email error notification

3272a1c6ef40f33c169fbf8fde60d867?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Akins (akinsgre)
I'd like to implement something in my application where the last n lines
of
the development log are included in an email when an error occurs.

Right now the application triggers an email using an application
controller
method that has be inserted into a rescue block.

Maybe I should just use "File" to grab the tail end of the
development.log
file and insert it into the email?

But I'm wondering if maybe there is a better approach or if anyone has a
gem that does this automatically.

Greg Akins
Insomnia Consulting, LLC
gakins@insomnia-consulting.org
724 454 7790 (cell)
http://www.linkedin.com/company/2942338?trk=tyah
4743568223aef99b482336d5109d9a78?d=identicon&s=25 Prince J. (prince_j)
You could use exception_notification gem for this. Link here
https://github.com/smartinez87/exception_notification

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk...
> .

Prince