Forum: JRuby Build JRuby from Source on Windows Alone?

27a9bc4f8b6268a797e79c6c73ed59d5?d=identicon&s=25 Richard S. (secristr)
on 2014-01-20 22:57
I am not allowed to use a Windows install kit at work and must build
JRuby from source on Windows 7.  Are there good, recent instructions on
doing this?  I also need to minimize any gcc/MinGW/Cygwin influences
even at runtime so I don't have to build those from source too.  My
target is to use WATIR with an IE browser through the Selenium
IEDriverServer so I need to keep that working, but I could jettison
other stuff from the pom if I need to.  I expect I will need some kind
of gcc-compatible environment to rebuild the jruby.exe and jrubyw.exe
that come in the source zip though.  Any insight on doing such things is
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
rcs
C37cb1a6a19e23f067aae6ccb2d0de4b?d=identicon&s=25 Manuel Ramos Caro (Guest)
Gcc???

Until i know Jruby is builded and run on a jvm...  I suppose that a
"prepackaged" Jruby complete jar and a 1.7 jre can solve easily your
problem...

https://github.com/jruby/jruby/wiki/DownloadAndBuildJRuby
http://jruby.org/download

Programming with Jruby and Swing for fun.
You can take a look here ...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rmldonkey/

Reggards

Manuel Ramos Caro
27a9bc4f8b6268a797e79c6c73ed59d5?d=identicon&s=25 Richard S. (secristr)
on 2014-01-21 07:51
Manuel Ramos Caro:

> "prepackaged" Jruby complete jar and a 1.7 jre can solve easily your
> problem...

I cannot used prepackaged.  If I can't build it from source I am not
allowed to use it.

> https://github.com/jruby/jruby/wiki/DownloadAndBuildJRuby

Thanks, but these are not instructions for Windows.

Regards,
rcs
Abdb670e1c130f96f947a94d03c02efa?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Christopherson (echristopherson)
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM, Richard S. <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> Manuel Ramos Caro:
>
> > "prepackaged" Jruby complete jar and a 1.7 jre can solve easily your
> > problem...
>
> I cannot used prepackaged.  If I can't build it from source I am not
> allowed to use it.

Why is that?
974b3d592f78510db0227e528841ccb9?d=identicon&s=25 Robin McKay (robin2)
on 2014-02-01 22:23
I don't understand this question.

Assuming the JVM is already installed then there is nothing to install
to get JRuby working. In common with every other Java application JRuby
is just a "data" file that is processed by the JVM.

You may like to look at my new thread "Easier way to get started"

...R
C37cb1a6a19e23f067aae6ccb2d0de4b?d=identicon&s=25 Manuel Ramos Caro (Guest)
Hi

I understand that command line can be a little scary but these
instructions are for Windows, Osx, Linux etc...

Git can be run over Windows

http://git-scm.com/

And Ant can run too..

http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html

When we talk about Java we talk about  something really multiplatform
but if you feel really good on .Net GUI platforms maybe Netbeans,Eclipse
or JetBrains can do the ant task for you.

Regards

El 31/01/2014 22:29, Eric Christopherson escribi??:

>     --

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protecci??n de
avast! Antivirus est?? activa.
Existing account

No account? Register here.