Forum: Inkscape Pasting bitmaps from other programs

F0a94dca62ead093579f74450b16bc67?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Grosberg (Guest)
I just tried something I'm pretty confident I did in the past: I pasted
bitmaps from another program (Irfan View, and later Photoshop) into
Inkscape. It was a small bitmap - 24x24 pixels. But no matter what I did
it
appeared with a size of 11.81x11.81 pixels. Is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong? I tired fiddling with the bitmap preferences in
inkscape,
and also changing the image resolution to 90 px/inch on the programs I
copied from, but nothing helped.
I'm using Inkscape 0.48+devel r12395.
Faf7c5b7f2c3eb1a151d0b4f73345397?d=identicon&s=25 Tavmjong Bah (Guest)
On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 09:11 +0000, Michael Grosberg wrote:
> I just tried something I'm pretty confident I did in the past: I pasted a
> bitmaps from another program (Irfan View, and later Photoshop) into
> Inkscape. It was a small bitmap - 24x24 pixels. But no matter what I did it
> appeared with a size of 11.81x11.81 pixels. Is this a bug or am I doing
> something wrong? I tired fiddling with the bitmap preferences in inkscape,
> and also changing the image resolution to 90 px/inch on the programs I
> copied from, but nothing helped.
> I'm using Inkscape 0.48+devel r12395.

I just tried it with 0.48+devel r12922. I created a 24x24 bitmap with
Gimp. It was imported in at 30x30. "Print Resolution" was set to 72
pixels/in in Gimp. Changing that to 90 pixels/in, the image was imported
at 24x24.

Tav
Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@...> writes:

> I just tried it with 0.48+devel r12922. I created a 24x24 bitmap with
> Gimp. It was imported in at 30x30. "Print Resolution" was set to 72
> pixels/in in Gimp. Changing that to 90 pixels/in, the image was imported
> at 24x24.
>
> Tav

Update - Solved by checking "override file resolution" in
preferences/bitmaps.
This way it at least pasted images in 90ppi, i.e. in its true pixel
size.
I don't know what's it's supposed to do when it's unchecked (I was
unable to
find any documentation of the preferences dialog) but it seems to
uniformly
paste bitmaps in what I initially thought was a very random resolution
0f
182.88 ppi, but on further experimentation turned out to be 72 pixels
per cm.
Existing account

No account? Register here.