Forum: GNU Radio Connecting "PDU to tagged stream" to modulator

176d2d179e3f9c385d4d767122c63b58?d=identicon&s=25 chris 0 (Guest)

I'm trying to work out the best way to connect a "PDU to tagged stream"
block
to a modulator.

I presume you can't simply attach the "PDU to tagged stream" directly to
modulator.

So I was thinking of doing:

Tun tap pdu -----> PDU to tagged stream ---> packet encoder ---->
modulator

However the problem is then the fact that the packet encoder outputs and
requires fixed length frames, which the tun tap pdu doesn't provide (as
they are variable length).

Anyone got any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Chris
B4ffbc711addde4c649b1ed526df6157?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On 01/12/2014 10:34 PM, chris 0 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to work out the best way to connect a "PDU to tagged stream"
> block
> to a modulator.

By a modulator, do you mean a bit -> complex symbol mapper?
There's no reason you can't directly connect these. Have another look at
the tagged stream manual page: You can connect a tagged stream  to any
non-rate changing non-tagged-stream block.

MB
Existing account

No account? Register here.