Forum: GNU Radio Variable Delay Error

C562c82801764cb5b83c54856f5b3dac?d=identicon&s=25 António G. (antnio_g)

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to make a delay on a signal with a variable delay with a WX GUI
> Slider. When i run the simulation and try to add a delay on a sinusoidal
> signal it gives me this error:

This is a problem with typing between Python and C++. The delay block
wants
(demands, really) an integer value, but your slider is passing back a
float. In the delay block, cast it as "int(delay_slider)".

Also, you can use the delay block from GNU Radio; it allows variable
delays. There's nothing wrong with using the blocks from gr-baz, but I
would recommend you use blocks that are directly part of GNU Radio when
they are available. Mostly because more of the community will be more
familiar with them.

Tom