Forum: GNU Radio Variable Delay Error

C562c82801764cb5b83c54856f5b3dac?d=identicon&s=25 António G. (antnio_g)

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to make a delay on a signal with a variable delay with a WX GUI
> Slider. When i run the simulation and try to add a delay on a sinusoidal
> signal it gives me this error:

This is a problem with typing between Python and C++. The delay block
wants
(demands, really) an integer value, but your slider is passing back a
float. In the delay block, cast it as "int(delay_slider)".

Also, you can use the delay block from GNU Radio; it allows variable
delays. There's nothing wrong with using the blocks from gr-baz, but I
would recommend you use blocks that are directly part of GNU Radio when
they are available. Mostly because more of the community will be more
familiar with them.

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.