Forum: GNU Radio purpose of packet encoder/decoder block?

6da6e7f76e8250a5f50c56bf94401783?d=identicon&s=25 Irfan Ullah (Guest)
what is the purpose of encoder/decoder block? is it used for
synchronization or for some other purpose? please answer me as soon as
possible

regards
Irfan Ullah
F7b219ecb9c67586f8f6f4035fcec68b?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Honig (Guest)
Hi All,

I'm designing a coherent bursting GMSK receiver which includes MLSE.

What will be the correct flow graph of the receiver:

1.       Preamble detection --> carrier tracking --> phase tracking -->
MLSE

2.       Preamble detection --> MLSE --> carrier tracking --> phase
tracking

Thank you,
Alex