Forum: GNU Radio Gaussian elimination or matrix inversion (solving a linear system) in GNURADIO

356dfd3417bb998d945135e48409185a?d=identicon&s=25 Nasi Elda (nesazeri)
Hi all,

I am looking for any function/code or project which is helpful to solve
a linear equation system by Gaussian elimination (or other kinds of
matrix inversion).

We know that In matlab there are many functions for this. I would be
happy to get any hint from you to do that with gnuradio also.
7d89a70df32c0ae27c1235016f9e5441?d=identicon&s=25 "Marcus Müller" <marcus@hostalia.de> (Guest)
Hi Nasi,

GNU Radio itself is not a math system. That being said, there are
several math frameworks for C++ and Python; furthermore, if you're
writing your own Python blocks, your work parameters are usually numpy
ndarrays, and numpy (together with scipy in general) gives you
functionality very similar to Matlab with respect to matrix operations.
See the Numpy and Scipy references for further information.

Hope that helped,

Marcus
B4ffbc711addde4c649b1ed526df6157?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On 01/04/2014 01:08 PM, Marcus Mller wrote:
> Hi Nasi,
>
> GNU Radio itself is not a math system. That being said, there are
> several math frameworks for C++ and Python; furthermore, if you're
> writing your own Python blocks, your work parameters are usually numpy
> ndarrays, and numpy (together with scipy in general) gives you
> functionality very similar to Matlab with respect to matrix operations.
> See the Numpy and Scipy references for further information.

Remember that solving a set of linear eqs. is equivalent to a
matrix/vector multiplication.

MB
B416d81ed85e2c70cc79eba88d08259b?d=identicon&s=25 Patrik Tast (Guest)

Do a search on "FEM", Finite Element Method.
Today there are tons of example code using Gaussian elimination.

My Masters Thesis (1990:s) was solving any 2D/3D Trusses using FEM.
It took me less than 50 lines of C code and could solve >20k unknowns.

Note: The matrix will be 1/2 full of zeros. To save mem and computing
time use the "Band matrix" method. Singular if the (top-left ->
bottom->right) diagonal include zero values.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_matrix

Good luck,
Patrik
Existing account