Forum: GNU Radio Newbie quesion about building C++ blocks/SWIG/Python

598a79e5a76c3df6d4647ad9ad04651e?d=identicon&s=25 Florian Student (Guest)

Hi Florian,

I'd, too, say that this is a linking problem.
Since the master thesis was written in the beginning of 2011, it's
most probably not compatible with GR 3.6., and that's why you had to
fix so much.
Furthermore, the project uses the now obsolete method of building OOT
blocks using automake/configure; native 3.6 modules use CMake.
It's not impossible that you can build an oot module for GR 3.6 using
automake, but I don't think it's worth the effort to fix the build
scripts.
My suggestion would be: use "gr_modtool newmod" to create a new oot
module (and don't name it "howto", which the original author forgot to
change), and use "gr_modtool add" to add all the blocks from the
original project, and copy&paste all the original code, replacing all
occurences of howto by your project name. Then you have a
well-structured, likely-to-work oot module.

Happy hacking,
Marcus

On 30.12.2013 18:11, Florian Student wrote:
> Hello experts, I'm trying to get a DAB receiver project running,
> found it at this address:

http://www.zsn.zhaw.ch/de/engineering/institute-ze...

After fighting with it for one day and after resolving multiple issues,
> finally got "make" to run without problems. Now, when I run "make
> check", this is the error: make[2]: Entering directory
> `/root/grc/DAB/python'

/root/grc/DAB/lib:/root/grc/DAB/lib/.libs:/root/grc/DAB/swig:/root/grc/DAB/swig/.libs:/root/grc/DAB/python:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:

Traceback (most recent call last):

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutorial-analyzing-...
> "libfftw3-3-3.3.2-3.1" is also installed. Do these versions match,

Existing account

No account? Register here.