Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails convention while creating model using `rails g`.

249c7fd851c5c5ac5a1abdb756472ae1?d=identicon&s=25 Arup Rakshit (my-ruby)
on 2013-12-25 12:33
I am very new to Rails. While I am reading a tutorial, I often used
`rails g controller animal`. Now my question is - Can I write `rails g
controller Animal` ? If not what is the reason or Why such convention ?
4c6bde00168d595053c09aac7e487f8e?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
On 25 December 2013 11:33, Love U Ruby <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I am very new to Rails. While I am reading a tutorial, I often used
> `rails g controller animal`. Now my question is - Can I write `rails g
> controller Animal` ? If not what is the reason or Why such convention ?

Try it and see.  Does it make any difference to the classes or files
generated?
Let us know the answer.

Colin