Forum: Ruby on Rails configuring rails app in LAMP or WAMP server

F4cf1eab2554673e8d2d5d7df6c68f70?d=identicon&s=25 Gift Mfugale (Guest)
Hello friends!
Is there anyone who knows how to configure a rails application  to run
in a
LAMP or WAMP server?
Please share with the guidelines
Thanks in advance!
A650031adbcdb5470d7fde256fd4db80?d=identicon&s=25 James Turley (Guest)
Breaking it down:

Linux/Windows: if you've successfully installed ruby and rails on your
machine, job done.

Apache: standard way to get rails running on Apache is with
mod_passenger.
Detailed instructions
here<http://www.modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guid...
.

I don't know how new you are to Rails: when I first tried Rails, I was
coming at it from a very low-grade PHP background, and I made the
mistake
of trying to get rails running on Apache on my development set-up. If
you're as green as I was back then, and this is what you're thinking,
stop
now: use the built-in development server for development, and worry
about
passenger when you're pushing to production. Apart from Apache
configuration being a bit of a black art, using a production server on
development will slow you right down - you'll be restarting Apache every
time you change a line of code.

MySQL: easiest way is, when starting your project, use the command
'rails
new myproject --database=mysql'. Then change the database.yml file with
the
MySQL user credentials.

PHP: not necessary. Ever again. :-)
0993665130ae17117e2de8e66ef6c2d4?d=identicon&s=25 Nielson R. (nielson_r)
Why do you want configure Rails in a LAMP/WAMP server?

If you use Linux i'd recommend you to use Nginx + Unicorn:
http://sleekd.com/general/configuring-nginx-and-unicorn/

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM, James Turley <
jamesturley1905@googlemail.com> wrote:

> coming at it from a very low-grade PHP background, and I made the mistake
> MySQL user credentials.
>> Thanks in advance!
> .

---
Nielson Rolim
nielson.rolim@gmail.com

> Hello friends!
> Is there anyone who knows how to configure a rails application  to run in
> a LAMP or WAMP server?
> Please share with the guidelines
> Thanks in advance!

Look here: http://rubyonrails.org/download