Forum: Ruby on Rails Start another rails server from one rails application

1c8a5d8dea6c3e1739f75263687528a2?d=identicon&s=25 saravanan p (Guest)
Hi Folk,

I have one rails application from this I want to create another new
rails
application and start in different port.

I done with creating new rails application outside of my main projects
but
i stuck with starting server...

Please help or suggest any idea...

now i have one idea and trying that one now but i don't know that way is
good or not...the idea is like open new terminal window in background
through ruby script and start the application (even this also i stuck,
please suggest how to do this if this way is good)

Rails -v 4.0.1

Thanks,
Saravanan P
4c6bde00168d595053c09aac7e487f8e?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
On 18 December 2013 10:32, saravanan p <psaravanan11.rails@gmail.com>
wrote:
> now i have one idea and trying that one now but i don't know that way is
> good or not...the idea is like open new terminal window in background
> through ruby script and start the application (even this also i stuck,
> please suggest how to do this if this way is good)

I cannot imagine why you are trying to do this, but you can use the
ruby system command to run any script you like.

For interest could you explain why you need to start a rails server
from within another rails app?

Colin

Colin
1c8a5d8dea6c3e1739f75263687528a2?d=identicon&s=25 saravanan p (Guest)
yes i can run any system command but how can i run rails server within
the
server which use Mail rails app.

In main application, once user complete payment, i will run one script.
In
that script, new rails app will create in new directory and server
should
run automatically.After that i am redirecting main app page into home
page.
But i am unable to run the created application server.

i check with elscriptl gem to start server in new terminal. but even
there
also i have one issue.
New ternimal is openning and it showing following error msg.

within my new rails application i tried the following command

- elscripto start -c 'rails:server'
"There was an error creating the child process for this terminal"
"Failed to execute child process "rails:server" (No such file or
directory)"

*What am i trying to do is, user can create site with this application.*
Existing account

No account? Register here.