Forum: Inkscape Faces of Inkscape Users

7f6f9e75239bfcc5bfb41014e9dc9a26?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Owens (Guest)
Hi Inkscapers,

Did you know the new website has the ability to edit your profile and
add a photo? So far and rather excitingly we have 543 registered
accounts to the inkscape website and some have added their pictures:

http://imagebin.org/281976 [1]

I'm asking inkscape board members and other developers to upload
something for themselves, a photo, a little bio if you have one. I want
to make a page of "Inkscape Developers" and "Inkscape Board" to give a
view of the humans behind the project but I will need more data.

Edit now: http://inkscape.org/person/edit/

Thanks guys!

Best Regards, Martin Owens

[1] For now this page is super users only:
http://inkscape.org/person/faces/ I've not finalized the view.
On Thu, 2013-12-12 at 18:27 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Why do we need this section, if I may ask?

There is no need.

Martin,
7f6f9e75239bfcc5bfb41014e9dc9a26?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Owens (Guest)
Your friendly inkscape board (not published in navigation bar):

http://inkscape.org/en/about/team/

I filled in where required, any objections to the images and they can be
removed in the edit profile link.

All we need now is an email address like board@inkscape.org to add.

Best Regards, Martin Owens
979333bd98940bb1d40aefb1820fcfa9?d=identicon&s=25 Bryce Harrington (Guest)
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 04:38:21PM -0500, Martin Owens wrote:
> Your friendly inkscape board (not published in navigation bar):
>
> http://inkscape.org/en/about/team/

Looks like we're missing a couple members?

> I filled in where required, any objections to the images and they can be
> removed in the edit profile link.

Could the link be made to be en/about/board instead of team?  The term
"team" really should be inclusive of all contributors.

> All we need now is an email address like board@inkscape.org to add.

May as well just use the mailing list address.

By the way, speaking of website and the board, we need a page somewhere
for posting some policy info.  Would About be the right menu item to
hang that kind of stuff under?

Bryce
On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 14:46 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Looks like we're missing a couple members?

Who else in on the board?

Martin,
81f3ae58a9273df97a14789c27906b4b?d=identicon&s=25 Anna Morris (Guest)
just wanted to say I really like this page. Just used it as an example
of a great page in an email my boss relating to our plans in this same
area. It's really well made :)

Anna
Faf7c5b7f2c3eb1a151d0b4f73345397?d=identicon&s=25 Tavmjong Bah (Guest)
On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 14:46 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Could the link be made to be en/about/board instead of team?  The term
> "team" really should be inclusive of all contributors.
>
> > All we need now is an email address like board@inkscape.org to add.
>
> May as well just use the mailing list address.
>
> By the way, speaking of website and the board, we need a page somewhere
> for posting some policy info.  Would About be the right menu item to
> hang that kind of stuff under?

+1

For better transparency, we need to have the following on the website:

1. General philosophy of Inkscape development (2 patch rule, etc.)
2. Agreement with SFC (A short non-legalize summary with link to actual
agreement).
3. SFC Account balance with activity report.
4. Trademark policy.
5. Links to official Inkscape sites with who is responsible (Inkscape
wiki, PlanetInkscape, etc).

Tav
Existing account

No account? Register here.