Forum: wxRuby wxRuby for wxWidgets 3.0?

8346d7f9cf627c168a179c2e31f57f8e?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Sandfield (jsandfield)
on 2013-12-05 04:28
Hi all,

wxWidgets 3.0 stable is out,  is there a plan to keep wxRuby, IMO, the
best ruby GUI toolkit updated  and alive (working with Ruby 2.0)?

Cheers
JS
D9ebdcb66f1583378e6f72155db507e2?d=identicon&s=25 Hans Mackowiak (hanmac)
on 2013-12-05 12:15
wxRuby didnt have updated yet, even 2.9 does not work

you can try to look at https://github.com/Hanmac/rwx
its updated recently (few minutes ago) and works with 2.9+ and 3.0 and
3.1+ (trunk)
but its not finished yet (some controls or methods are still missing)
and also not documented yet, but some samples are already working so you
can look at the differences between rwx and wxRuby
On 05/12/2013 04:28, Jason Sandfield wrote:
> wxWidgets 3.0 stable is out,  is there a plan to keep wxRuby, IMO, the
> best ruby GUI toolkit updated  and alive (working with Ruby 2.0)?

hi - not that I know of. There are many good things in WxWidgets 3.0,
including clean header files which should make wrappers like WxRuby
easier to build. But there's no plans I know of in this wxruby project
to move over.

I recommend that you look at Hans's work, linked in the last post, and
I'd be interested to hear how complete and stable this is. If there's a
wrapper for Ruby that supercedes what we've done (mostly 2007-10), then
I'd like to make sure Ruby users are pointed to that better version.

cheers
alex