Forum: Ruby on Rails ‘Learn Ruby on Rails’ book is free today

Daniel Kehoe (Guest)
Im offering the advance edition of my new book for free.

Here's the link for *Learn Ruby on Rails*:

*
*http://learn-rails.com/free-book-download.html*<ht...

My book is aimed at beginners, as a "prequel," as a first step before
further study.

Start with 'Learn Ruby on Rails' and you'll be well-prepared for other
excellent books, such as

* http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book

* https://leanpub.com/tr4w

* http://pragprog.com/book/rails4/agile-web-developm...

* http://www.manning.com/bigg2/

--

  Daniel Kehoe
debashis biswal (Guest)

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Daniel Kehoe
angela ebirim (Guest)
Anyone else who is a newbie Rails developer and would like to join me
studying Daniel Kehoe's book?

If interested, drop me a line.
Daniel Kehoe (Guest)
On Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:05:52 PM UTC-8, trekr67 wrote:

> Anyone else who is a newbie Rails developer and would like to join me
> studying Daniel Kehoe's book?

You might find study companions on a Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rubyandrails/

Also be sure to look for Ruby or Rails meetups locally if you are in
major
metro area.
angela ebirim (Guest)
Just joined the facebook group.

Many thanks
jrparro (Guest)
Thanks!

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Daniel Kehoe
<fortuityconsulting@gmail.com
> wrote:

> excellent books, such as
>
> .

Regards,

Leo

http://jayrparro.com
greatghoul (Guest)
Thanks for your book.

rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk...
> .

 *greatghoul <http://www.g2w.me> - Ask and Learn!*
Joe Sawyer (Guest)
Would love to have someone to study with. I have been at it since
mid-october and have been greatly enjoying it.
249c7fd851c5c5ac5a1abdb756472ae1?d=identicon&s=25 Arup Rakshit (my-ruby)
on 2013-12-19 11:10
Daniel Kehoe wrote in post #1128811:
> Im offering the advance edition of my new book for free.
>
> Here's the link for *Learn Ruby on Rails*:
>
> *

*http://learn-rails.com/free-book-download.html*<ht...

> My book is aimed at beginners, as a "prequel," as a first step before
> further study.

Hi Daniel,

I am beginner to Rails.

Yes.. I am also reading this book. But one thing that I don't understand
that, why you didn't consider any database like SqLLit3( default one).
Any particular reason behind it?

I am missing that part only.
Priya Btw (Guest)
i hav to learn this ruby on rails . how do i start with. i don't hav any
books . can anyone tell me how can i get an ebook for it ? plz help me
Colin Law (Guest)
On 20 April 2014 07:44, Priya Btw <reachb2w@gmail.com> wrote:
> i hav to learn this ruby on rails . how do i start with. i don't hav any
> books . can anyone tell me how can i get an ebook for it ? plz help me

Did you look at the links in the post you quoted?  One of them is
railstutorial.org.  This is a good tutorial that is free to use
online, or you can buy the ebook.

Colin
Julien Itard (Guest)
I don't find the link to DL your book for free. Where is it ?

Le mercredi 27 novembre 2013 16:28:30 UTC+1, Daniel Kehoe a écrit :
Colin Law (Guest)
On 20 April 2014 10:05, Julien Itard <julienitard@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't find the link to DL your book for free. Where is it ?

I guess that is because the post quoted is from November last year and
the free offer expired at the end of that month (as stated on the page
linked).

railstutorial.org is free to use online however.

Colin
Dave Aronson (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Priya Btw <reachb2w@gmail.com> wrote:

> i hav to learn this ruby on rails . how do i start with. i don't hav any
> books . can anyone tell me how can i get an ebook for it ? plz help me

lmgtfy.com/?q=ruby+on+rails+ebooks

--
Dave Aronson, freelance software developer (details @ www.Codosaur.us);
see also www.PullRequestRoulette.com, Blog.Codosaur.us, www.Dare2XL.com

http://it-ebooks.info/book/2712/

Thanks & Regards,
kanna(9742665400)...........

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Dave Aronson
Frederick Cheung (Guest)
On Sunday, April 20, 2014 5:36:39 PM UTC+1, kanna wrote:

> Hi Priya,
>
> <http://it-ebooks.info/book/2712/>

[snip]

please don't post 'free' links to content that you should be paying for

Fred
B5811ff5bb3b559d7c0f77ddbf407e3c?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Mr. (cbstodd)
I'm looking forward to reading it this week!  Really appreciate you
posting
this!
B5811ff5bb3b559d7c0f77ddbf407e3c?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Mr. (cbstodd)
I subscribed, still unsure on how to get the free download...
Daniel Kehoe (Guest)
The free download offer was for an advance edition of the book. The free
offer expired in November 2013 (!).

The book has been updated for Rails 4.1 and it is available (with a
number
of other tutorials) from the RailsApps project:
http://railsapps.github.io/
only as part of a monthly subscription.

I'm sorry that it's not obvious that the download offer was for a
limited
duration in November 2013. The title of the email announcement "free
today"
refers to the day the email announcement was sent to this Google Group.
In
retrospect, I should have said "free on November 27, 2013." Sorry if
anyone
is disappointed.

-- Daniel Kehoe, author of ‘Learn Ruby on Rails’
shubham prakash (Guest)
I am not able to download this book. Can you please help me with this?
Thanks
Dave Aronson (Guest)
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:54 AM, shubham prakash
<shubham.prakashh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not able to download this book. Can you please help me with this?

Reread the subject line.

--
Dave Aronson, consulting software developer of Codosaur.us,
PullRequestRoulette.com, Blog.Codosaur.us, and Dare2XL.com.