Forum: NGINX Mark HTTP chunk terminator to be flushed

D7ae0b9a7a7dac25f83121ff45877be7?d=identicon&s=25 John Watson (Guest)
This really only affects SSL connections, where if the buffer with
chunk terminator is copied into the SSL buffer by itself. Since the
new SSL buffer has not reached 16k, it's not flushed thus causing a
delay in the client seeing it.
Hello!

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:50:00AM -0800, John Watson wrote:

> This really only affects SSL connections, where if the buffer with
> chunk terminator is copied into the SSL buffer by itself. Since the
> new SSL buffer has not reached 16k, it's not flushed thus causing a
> delay in the client seeing it.

I don't think that unconditionally setting flush flag is a good
idea, it will cause unneeded work if a flush isn't needed.

It may make sense to set it (or move?) if previous buffer has it
set though.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html