Forum: GNU Radio Convolution

53a1f0aba6f0489d49f5e6fc3df323fa?d=identicon&s=25 Robert James (robertjames)
Hi.  I'm new to GNU Radio but have experience with basic DSP (using
MATLAB for instance).  Which blocks can I use to do these simple
tasks:

1. Convolution with an arbitrary (constant) wave in the time domain?
Example: I provide the wave as a fixed series of constants, I'd like
to convolute with it.

2. The same thing in the frequency domain?
On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Robert James <srobertjames@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi.  I'm new to GNU Radio but have experience with basic DSP (using
> MATLAB for instance).  Which blocks can I use to do these simple
> tasks:
>
> 1. Convolution with an arbitrary (constant) wave in the time domain?
> Example: I provide the wave as a fixed series of constants, I'd like
> to convolute with it.
>
> 2. The same thing in the frequency domain?

The fir_filter_XXX does time-domain convolution. You'd pass it a
decimation of 1 and the taps would be the signal you want to convolve
against.

The fft_filter_XXX does fast convolution in the frequency domain.

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_filter.html

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.