Forum: GNU Radio AttributeError while executing a simple example.

9bb89c913ce17297b27d398cad302fc1?d=identicon&s=25 Rikhu Prasad (Guest)
HI,

I had installed GNU Radio recently and tried to execute a simple example
as
shown in the image below. But it throws me the following error. I
referred
various sources and I came to a guessing conclusion that this would be
an
issue with installation. But I am sure, everything went right during
installing. I am not able to figure out what and where it went wrong.
Kindly
help!

Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/vishnu/top_block.py", line 85, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/vishnu/top_block.py", line 48, in __init__
    self.top_layout.addWidget(self._qtgui_freq_sink_x_0_win)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py",
line 100, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._tb, name)
AttributeError: 'top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'top_layout'

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n44755/flow_g...

Is the error due to the GUI component as I don't get the error when I
execute other simple example using audio source, throttle and a audio
sink.
Could anyone give me an idea where would be the issue?

> <http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n44755/flow_g...
>

> Is the error due to the GUI component as I don't get the error when I
> execute other simple example using audio source, throttle and a audio sink.
> Could anyone give me an idea where would be the issue?

It's likely that you have the "Generate Options" in the "Options"
block set wrong (probably to WX GUI) while you are trying to use a
QTGUI sink. Change that option to "QT GUI" and you should be fine.

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.