Forum: GNU Radio Simple graph (generated by Companion) crashes with segmentation fault on windows

F7b45a110fba31e5b37c60978bc8d3b7?d=identicon&s=25 Artem Pisarenko (Guest)
I've installed GNU Radio from binaries on my Windows machine exactly as
described in
guide. (I used specified versions except some packages which was not
available). After two days of hard fighting this dll hell, I was able to
simple graph from GNU Radio Companion, but... it crashes !

My graph:
Block causing crash: QT GUI Frequency Sink
Crash happens not always (approximately each 5-10 time I execute it). It
happens only at startup (before widget appears or after at least one

I used gdb to extract some info
Here is output from

Some info from attached gdb stopped at SIGSEGV:

> #3  0x633a367c in
> #7  0x63365853 in gnuradio-runtime!??1thread_group@thread@gr@@QAE@XZ ()
>     saved eip 0x5291f25
>  called by frame at 0x707fc38
>  Arglist at 0x707fc04, args:
>  Locals at 0x707fc04, Previous frame's sp is 0x707fc0c
>  Saved registers:
>   ebp at 0x707fc04, eip at 0x707fc08

Generated minidump:
OS: Windows 7 x64 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Software (of course, all of them x86/win32 versions):
GNU Radio 3.7.2 (pre-compiled binary from Ettus Research)
Python 2.7.3
PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.9.6-1 (without extra options such as Qt runtime)

Sent from the GnuRadio mailing list archive at