Forum: GNU Radio update_tap method in adaptive filter class

Bf9f933ba2147185954d9766d9f7c72f?d=identicon&s=25 Philip Balister (Guest)
I'm looking at Coverity issue 1046173, Self Assignment.

See:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/g...

Now, this function obviously doesn't do anything. I am trying to work
out the best way to resolve the issue. Can someone explai what we are
trying to do here? Is there some missing code that needs writing, so I
should replace this line with a comment? Or should we just remove this
function?

Philip
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org>
wrote:
> function?
>
> Philip

Basically, and adaptive_filter like this is never meant to be run by
itself. It should always be subclassed and the "error" and
"update_tap" functions overloaded.

I think this issue represents a issue we had early on when converting
over the 3.7 where we couldn't declare this as a virtual class and use
it properly outside of gr-filter. We've since figured that out (IIRC),
but this was left as is since it wasn't, technically, bothering
anyone.

The real way this should work is to turn this into a virtual class
that things like the cma and lms_dd equalizers inherit from and
overload those two functions.

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.