Forum: GNU Radio how to set global system architecture in pybombs ?

E05cb2979b45c939ef802ebd4684d402?d=identicon&s=25 M Dammer (Guest)
I am working on an SDR live DVD with Gnuradio on it. The DVD is based on
XUbuntu 12.04 32bit. As the disk will hopefully being used on different
machines (Intel and AMD) processors I am concerned that certain features
of the (AMD based) build machine like 3Dnow! make the software
unsuitable for Intel chipsets. So how can I configure Pybombs to use
plain i686 architecture as the default for compiling, or is there
nothing to worry about ?
Mark
3c2c8407d19f3488e9cd2a28a9732bde?d=identicon&s=25 West, Nathan (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM, M Dammer <info@mdammer.net> wrote:
> I am working on an SDR live DVD with Gnuradio on it. The DVD is based on
> XUbuntu 12.04 32bit. As the disk will hopefully being used on different
> machines (Intel and AMD) processors I am concerned that certain features
> of the (AMD based) build machine like 3Dnow! make the software
> unsuitable for Intel chipsets. So how can I configure Pybombs to use
> plain i686 architecture as the default for compiling, or is there
> nothing to worry about ?
> Mark

You can change the templates to pass gcc whatever CPU type you want to
build for. If you're asking about how to massage GCC to do this,
that's documented over at
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86_002....
Something like -mtune=generic should be pretty safe, unless you can
assume more.

Change whatever templates you're recipes will use to always pass that
option to GCC.

-Nathan
Existing account

No account? Register here.