Forum: GNU Radio Question about working with multiples of input values

34ca4305e0456e8510a1d4d7009a12d0?d=identicon&s=25 Tommy Tracy II (Guest)
Dear GNU Radio,

I am writing a GNU Radio block that processes the input in blocks of
1024. Is there a way for me to tell the scheduler that I can only accept
inputs in multiples of 1024, or do I need to block the input, and save
the left-overs for the next work() call? If the latter, how do I know if
the work() call is called for the last time?

Sincerely,
Tommy James Tracy II
Ph.D Student
High Performance Low Power Lab
University of Virginia
Phone: 913-775-2241
Ad80d352eb445a3d7dccd5a779db0e43?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (CEL) (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 01:07:52PM -0500, Tommy Tracy II wrote:
> Dear GNU Radio,
>
> I am writing a GNU Radio block that processes the input in blocks of 1024. Is
> there a way for me to tell the scheduler that I can only accept inputs in
> multiples of 1024, or do I need to block the input, and save the left-overs for
> the next work() call? If the latter, how do I know if the work() call is called
> for the last time?

If it's a sync block, set_output_multiple() will do that.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)