Forum: GNU Radio Announce OOT module for IEEE-802.15.4g MR-FSK

032d0c37db78313ea467ed8a1d4927a1?d=identicon&s=25 Wayne Roberts (Guest)
I have reached release functionality of out-of-tree module I use to help
in
PHY conformance/interoperability to the MR-FSK standard in
IEEE-802.15.4g.

This work was done because this standard is currently being implemented
in
Japan, utilities for the whole country.

It consists of four blocks: packet generator, TX switch, preamble
detector,
and packet sink.
The TX switch and preamble detector are generic for FSK, and packet
blocks
should provide example for others to implement their own protocol.

I hope some gnu-radio people in the know of OOT things could give it a
once
over.

preamble detector was necessary because the clock_recovery_mm_ff is not
good for a non-continuous signal.

For more info, see the wiki for it
https://github.com/dudmuck/gr-ieee802154g
Ad80d352eb445a3d7dccd5a779db0e43?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (CEL) (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 03:17:14PM -0800, Wayne Roberts wrote:
> I have reached release functionality of out-of-tree module I use to help in PHY
> conformance/interoperability to the MR-FSK standard in IEEE-802.15.4g.
>
> [...]
>
> For more info, see the wiki for it
> https://github.com/dudmuck/gr-ieee802154g

Hi Wayne,

and thanks a lot for publishing this!
Perhaps you can submit a recipe for PyBombs?

I had a very quick look at it (I don't really have anything to test it
with). One of the QA codes (qa_mrfsk_pkt_sink) doesn't work properly, it
uses the installed version to test.

Some more suggestions:
- Can you add a full UHD-to-bits GRC flow graph in apps/ ? That would
  help people see how it all works together.
- Perhaps you can add an IQ capture to test the code without having a
  transmitter nearby? I'm not sure of the overall bandwidth occupied,
  but if it's not too big, that might be useful.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstra├če 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT -- University of the State of Baden-W├╝rttemberg and
032d0c37db78313ea467ed8a1d4927a1?d=identicon&s=25 Wayne Roberts (Guest)
The GRC flow graphs are in the examples subdirectory.
There is a local_loopback example, which tests all the blocks without
any
hardware.
And there is one for testing UHD sink as transmitter, and another for
UHD
source as packet receiver.
I use USRP-B100 talking to CC1200 radio chip, and the mrfsk_TX.grc
generates identical packets.

qa_mrfsk_pkt_sink.py currently doesnt do anything because the individual
framer sinks are tested by themselves.
qa_mrfsk_pkt_sink.py would only need to test the code in
mrfsk_pkt_sink.py,
which is only connecting the correlate_access_code to the framer sinks.

I will later study pyBombs.

btw, this protocol is used at www.wi-sun.org
Existing account

No account? Register here.