Forum: GNU Radio [User Experience] Hangout Thursday

Ad80d352eb445a3d7dccd5a779db0e43?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (CEL) (Guest)
Hi everyone,

Thursday is our first post-conference hangout regarding everything user
experience related. This includes:

- The web site (in particular: state of the in-wiki docs, FAQ)
- Tutorials
- General user experience

At the conference, this spawned many different discussions and I've
received lots of feedback, so I'm expecting a busy call.

For people who have joined the community recently: This is a good place
to help and contribute. In order to improve docs etc., we need GNU Radio
beginners to give us feedback or, better still, write stuff yourself.

The call starts 19:00 CET. Please head over to our Google Plus community
page (https://plus.google.com/communities/105194615257651755927) to find
out more and convert the time to your timezone.

Please also join the #gnuradio IRC channel during the call. This way we
can coordinate people who have trouble joining (and no matter how
tech-savvy you think you are, G+ has ways of keeping you out of the call
:). Also, we might run into participant limits, because hangouts only
take 10 people max.

Looking forward to new faces and good discussions!

Martin

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

Ad80d352eb445a3d7dccd5a779db0e43?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (CEL) (Guest)
The call has started, to join please head to #gnuradio on Freenode and
the G+ page.

We'll be streaming live on YouTube, too.

MB

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 06:58:20PM +0100, Martin Braun (CEL) wrote:
> The call has started, to join please head to #gnuradio on Freenode and
> the G+ page.
>
> We'll be streaming live on YouTube, too.

The recording is available at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LN6M-8bJuU.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

F18b7b61dfbfe46c7af3cbcbda568c4f?d=identicon&s=25 Vanush Vaswani (Guest)
I just wanted to say, that I thought this is a great example of a FOSS
project site.

http://ardour.org/

For new users, the abilities of the project is made clear. The current
gnuradio content could be migrated to the 'Community' sub section.
One difference is that gnuradio is theoretically an API not
application software - but I still think the site serves as a good
example.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:11 AM, Martin Braun (CEL)
16004c87ebfc271b7165e66d5bc5eb1d?d=identicon&s=25 Moritz Fischer (Guest)
Hey guys,

another cool thing I forgot to mention during the call would be to
have something like planet.debian.org (with s/debian/gnuradio/ of
course).

Moritz
62e152f885746ecd6f9d2e470722bed1?d=identicon&s=25 Dan CaJacob (Guest)
Yes - that would solve the issue of bringing all the third-party blogs
together in one place.

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob
Existing account