Forum: GNU Radio How to collect the complex data of a dpsk modulator in a text file

4f9c696e53e3064a89e6d45bf8f84c05?d=identicon&s=25 Sumedha Goyal (Guest)
I am experimenting with the one of the flowgraph examples
"uhd_tx_dpsk.grc". I am able to see the complex number output in WX GUI
NUMBER SINK block but I want to collect this output in a text file. If I
use a "FILE SINK" block, it shows some symbols but nothing in the form
of
x+jy. Kindly suggest some technique to do this.

Regards,
Sumedha
3f8e1a4f07ff9f4f428055a3330aa26d?d=identicon&s=25 Aditya Dhananjay (Guest)
> I am experimenting with the one of the flowgraph examples
> "uhd_tx_dpsk.grc". I am able to
> see the complex number output in WX GUI NUMBER SINK block but I want to
> collect this
> output in a text file. If I use a "FILE SINK" block, it shows some symbols
> but nothing in the
> form of x+jy. Kindly suggest some technique to do this.

You need to use Matlab/Octave to read these files.

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Octave