Forum: Ruby on Rails BEST RAIL SERVER

C550205f7dc245a66fa08b2cb0af0f00?d=identicon&s=25 Fahad Idrees (fahadgudu)
Hi, i want to deploy my website sort of chat website.
I am expecting more than 50K online users at it's peak time.
I don't want to compromise on optimization and page speed and don't want
user to wait too long for page to load.

Any one suggest me best hosting for RAILS, some comparison and contrast
are
highly appreciated.
I have found heroku,amazon and bluehost are good to host in ROR. But
which
one is more stable in my scenerio?

Thank you in advance!
768c876fae43fc20f02534cbef3f1b64?d=identicon&s=25 Carlos Mathiasen (Guest)
I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you
will
have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
Heroku is an amazon system, if you use Amazon you should set the OS too,
this is an heroku benefit for me., with "git push" you have all the
system
online in few minutes.
I hope this help you a little :)

Matt's
52f3528c40e9cf28ad0900886eecb128?d=identicon&s=25 Jordon Bedwell (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Carlos Mathiasen <gunmath987@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
> performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
> have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.

Not if you are on Heroku, unless you pay big money and even then you
are paying far more than you need to for sub-par performance.
On Nov 5, 2013, at 5:03 AM, Fahad Idrees <access2coder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i want to deploy my website sort of chat website.
> I am expecting more than 50K online users at it's peak time.
> I don't want to compromise on optimization and page speed and don't want user to
wait too long for page to load.

> Any one suggest me best hosting for RAILS, some comparison and contrast are
highly appreciated.
> I have found heroku,amazon and bluehost are good to host in ROR. But which one
is more stable in my scenerio?

First off, there is no "best" as in it will be the best for everyone,
every situation, etc., etc., etc.

Most of my experience is using AWS, and while it does work well, it can
also be a major pain. Heroku is dead easy, of course, but suffers from
performance issues sometimes. Im not sure if you can throw enough money
at Heroku to make it better.

Your best bet, really, is to take a step away from the decision that you
must choose one and only one provider. If you develop your deployment to
be disposable at the drop of a hat, immutable, and so on, then youll
also generally be able to pick up and move hosts at a moments notice as
well, and thus be able to respond faster to host downtimes and failures.
C550205f7dc245a66fa08b2cb0af0f00?d=identicon&s=25 Fahad Idrees (fahadgudu)
I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in
low price.
No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site
on
heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.

Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?
A47e0a6beeb9d048ff054fc1c3a97418?d=identicon&s=25 Walter Davis (walterdavis)
On Nov 5, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Fahad Idrees wrote:

> I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in low
price.
> No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site on
heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.

> Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?

There's always Digital Ocean.

Walter
57b8c11c14e74d059cb8d7590e4b134d?d=identicon&s=25 Amit Pandya (amit_pandya)
How about digital ocean <https://www.digitalocean.com/>?
pricing<https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing>
and
price-comparison-chart<https://www.digitalocean.com/price-comparison-chart>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk...
> .

Warm Regards,

Amit Pandya

End is not end, In-fact E.N.D is "EFFORT NEVER DIES"
If you get NO in answer, remember N.O. is "NEXT OPPORTUNITY"
Impossible just separate the word - I M Possible
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 14:21:41 UTC-5, Fahad Idrees wrote:

> I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in
> low price.
> No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site
> on heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.
>
> Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?

If you're worried about having to pay a "huge amount" to put your site
up
on Heroku, a $30/mo VPS will NOT work either.

To be honest, nobody is going to be able to make an accurate
recommendation
for a host given just what you've posted here - there's too much
variability in what your site's code may demand to really make a
decision
without benchmarks. Set up a site someplace, and load test it. Repeat on
more hosts until you find one that delivers enough performance to scale
out
to the size you need at the price you want.

--Matt Jones
697df6176ef55a7ea25f159e0fcdec38?d=identicon&s=25 S Ahmed (Guest)
50K online users won't work on a budget host with Rails.

Are you dreaming you will get 50K online users at peak or is that
something
you have now?  I'm guessing it a dream/projection otherwise you would
know
that bluehost won't get you there :)
C550205f7dc245a66fa08b2cb0af0f00?d=identicon&s=25 Fahad Idrees (fahadgudu)
@S ahmad, i am expecting 50000 users will hit the page daily. and more
than
20k users will be unique.
bluehost only allow 5k user to access the site smoothly.
24c539689cd95ef54ed10234957d6fc1?d=identicon&s=25 RVic (Guest)
The fastest server I have ever used, oddly, is the glassfish gem, using
jruby, though I have not used it in quite some time.
On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:21:41 PM UTC-6, Fahad Idrees wrote:

> I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in
> low price.
> No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site
> on heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.
>
> Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?

I feel the need to come in and say that I implied that Heroku was far
from
the best, actually I tried to imply that Heroku charges far more than
they
are currently worth.  With a good sysadmin or devops team you could
build a
far more powerful stack... What other people have implied about
DigitalOcean is what we've done with a few of our really large stacks,
we
rebuilt them on DigitalOcean and saved tons of money.
Existing account

No account? Register here.