Forum: Ruby on Rails Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

72efa3e2fbb350895badf1502141ab32?d=identicon&s=25 Mayada Alraegi (Guest)
I am a begginer in ROR and using this
tutorial:http://ruby.railstutorial.org/chapters/a-demo-app#...
to get a head start I got every thing working fine(installation ....)
but I
went to chapter 2 for the demo appliaction
I can't get see the output on my local server for
http://localhost:3000/users
instead I got this google chrom message
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

any help please?
it seems a trivial issue but it took a toll on me since I am just a new
ROR
programmer
On 31 October 2013 18:04, Mayada Alraegi <mayada.abdullateef@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am a begginer in ROR and using this

tutorial:http://ruby.railstutorial.org/chapters/a-demo-app#...
> to get a head start I got every thing working fine(installation ....) but I
> went to chapter 2 for the demo appliaction
> I can't get see the output on my local server for
> http://localhost:3000/users
> instead I got this google chrom message
> Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

What do you see in the terminal window when you start the server?

Colin
576908ab294e24dadb3303a6667b8776?d=identicon&s=25 fahim patel (fahim_patel)
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:34:23 PM UTC+5:30, Mayada Alraegi
wrote:

> any help please?
> it seems a trivial issue but it took a toll on me since I am just a new
> ROR programmer

Did you successfully done with database migration ?

Fahim
D220426e6c9c4194af99c7300e87f00a?d=identicon&s=25 Selvakumar (Guest)
Looks like the server didn't start. It should happen on all browsers not
only on chrome.
Follow the section 1.2.5 of same tutorial and check whether the server
starts it's execution without throwing any error. You should do this:-

$ rails server=> Booting WEBrick=> Rails application starting on
http://0.0.0.0:3000=> Call with -d to detach=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
Existing account

No account? Register here.