Forum: Ruby FFI library/gem status

F1d37642fdaa1662ff46e4c65731e9ab?d=identicon&s=25 Charles Nutter (headius)
The FFI library has been officially taken over for maintenance by the
JRuby team.

The project remains on github at https://github.com/ffi/ffi with issue
tracker and wiki intact.

The ruby-ffi google group was deleted without saving an archive. I
have restored the list
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ruby-ffi) and you will have
to re-join. I also rebuilt an archive of the messages from my own
email store. See https://github.com/ffi/ruby-ffi-archive and
http://ffi.github.io/ruby-ffi-archive.

Licensing-wise, we got permission from everyone who contributed after
the ill-fated LGPL change to officially change the license back to BSD
(3-clause). The FFI library is now BSD-licensed (libffi is MIT) and
there are no plans to change it in the future. See
https://github.com/ffi/ffi/issues/288

Please feel safe in using FFI going foward, and help us with
maintenance going forward.

- Charlie
87e61e351b823e19b4a62a896d2af0d4?d=identicon&s=25 Henry Maddocks (Guest)
> On 31/10/2013, at 6:19 am, Charles Oliver Nutter <headius@headius.com> wrote:
>
> The FFI library has been officially taken over for maintenance by the
> JRuby team.

This is great news. We'll done.

Henry
Existing account