Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 GSettings implemented?

4913bcb685792f601ae9813b4713abb9?d=identicon&s=25 Detlef Reichl (Guest)

in an quite old Mail from kou I saw, that GSettings as the gconf
replacement is implemented in Gio. I searched around, but found no
source, doc, examples or anything else. Can someone please point me to
the right direction?

Cheers, detlef

In <527000D1.3050402@gmx.org>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] GSettings implemented?" on Tue, 29 Oct 2013
19:39:13 +0100,
  Detlef Reichl <detlef.reichl@gmx.org> wrote:

> in an quite old Mail from kou I saw, that GSettings as the gconf
> replacement is implemented in Gio. I searched around, but found no
> source, doc, examples or anything else. Can someone please point me to
> the right direction?

Unfortunately, we don't implement it yet... :<

We should implement Ruby/GIO2 based on
Ruby/GObjectIntrospection. Could someone try it?

If you are interested in the challenge, please go to the
issue:
  https://github.com/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/issues/199

Let's share details about the challenge in the issue.

kou
4913bcb685792f601ae9813b4713abb9?d=identicon&s=25 Detlef Reichl (Guest)

I try to implement it. Gio::Settings is in great parts working, but for
now only for basic data types. For complex ones I now start to put my
hands on GLib::Variant. But with this I have some Problem direct at the
beginning.

GVariant is an fundamental data type in GLib. So my class definition is

     VALUE RG_TARGET_NAMESPACE = G_DEF_CLASS(G_TYPE_VARIANT, "Variant",
mGLib);

but it trows

     ./variant-test.rb:5:in `new': abstract class (TypeError)

in a test  before the call to rg_initialize. In a ruby lib I would use
type_register in the class definition to solve this. But how do I in the
extension? Or is this the complete wrong way?

Btw. I don't use Introspection, but the classic way.

Cherrs detlef

Am 30.10.2013 13:44, schrieb Kouhei Sutou:

In <527FD911.7000205@gmx.org>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] GSettings implemented?" on Sun, 10 Nov
2013 20:05:53 +0100,
  Detlef Reichl <detlef.reichl@gmx.org> wrote:

> but it trows
>
>      ./variant-test.rb:5:in `new': abstract class (TypeError)
>
> in a test  before the call to rg_initialize. In a ruby lib I would use
> type_register in the class definition to solve this. But how do I in the
> extension? Or is this the complete wrong way?

Could you show the current your code and test? If we see
them, we may help you.

> Btw. I don't use Introspection, but the classic way.

We start to implement GObject Introspection based GIO:
  https://github.com/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/tree/ma...

It may not work for now.

kou
Existing account