Forum: Ruby I am getting many messages from ruby-talk going to spam on gmail..

I found a whole lot of messages from ruby-talk in my gmail spam folder
-- anyone else experiencing this?
23172b6630dc631a134c9bad2fec2a39?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Hulan (Guest)
every now and tehn a message will get flagged
If t looks ok i just hit the not spam button
hopefully the training will reduce false positives

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM, tamouse mailing lists <
I hope so.
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (fxn)
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM, tamouse mailing lists <
tamouse.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

I found a whole lot of messages from ruby-talk in my gmail spam folder
> -- anyone else experiencing this?

It happens to me sometimes, as if the classifier converged on these. I
unmark them and hope it learns.
0e6ac58dab6125c1cd2e7ac645076b6f?d=identicon&s=25 Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
On 10/25/2013 08:37 AM, Chris Hulan wrote:
> every now and tehn a message will get flagged
> If t looks ok i just hit the not spam button
> hopefully the training will reduce false positives

Yes, it's very annoying, especially since thunderbird's "Not Junk" is
not related to gmail's "Not spam", so you have to log into gmail's web
interface to mark each message as "not spam".

Also, for ruby-core, it seems the training algo is especially dumb: it
has to be told about each sender individually and never learns that
ruby-core in the X-ML-Name is an indicator of non-spamminess.

I even have my gmail filters set up to move ruby-talk and ruby-core
messages to folders (or "tags" or whatever), and that still doesn't get
past the false positive problem.

I've sent a support request to google, but yeah, right. They just aren't
who they were 10 years ago.

I miss the days of procmail and spamassassin.

Bah.
18813f71506ebad74179bf8c5a136696?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Wong (Guest)
Joel VanderWerf <joelvanderwerf@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/25/2013 08:37 AM, Chris Hulan wrote:
> >every now and tehn a message will get flagged
> >If t looks ok i just hit the not spam button
> >hopefully the training will reduce false positives

> Also, for ruby-core, it seems the training algo is especially dumb:
> it has to be told about each sender individually and never learns
> that ruby-core in the X-ML-Name is an indicator of non-spamminess.
>
> I even have my gmail filters set up to move ruby-talk and ruby-core
> messages to folders (or "tags" or whatever), and that still doesn't
> get past the false positive problem.
>
> I've sent a support request to google, but yeah, right. They just
> aren't who they were 10 years ago.

It's likely in their best interest to not waste time supporting
communities outside of their control
(and thus encouraging users onto G+)

> I miss the days of procmail and spamassassin.

They still exist and spamassassin works well for me.
(I use a shell script + awk instead of procmail, though)
Existing account

No account? Register here.