Forum: GNU Radio Sending file through tx_ofdm.grc in gnuradio 3.7.1

342253be268e47df9f93067e022c7e30?d=identicon&s=25 ashish mishra (Guest)
Hi all,

I want to transmit a file through tx_ofdm.grc model and receive it in
using rx_ofdm.grc. Presently this simulation takes in a vector source of
packet length as input and it creates tags for it.
I am able to receive these vectors correctly using rx_ofdm.grc

Now I want to send file as data but I dont find any block which adds
tags to file.

Alternately, can someone suggest the method of converting the file
content into vectors of packet length configurable by the user so that
it can be entered into the vector source.
Ad80d352eb445a3d7dccd5a779db0e43?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (CEL) (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:06:57PM +0800, ashish mishra wrote:
>  I want to transmit a file through tx_ofdm.grc model and receive it in using
> rx_ofdm.grc. Presently this simulation takes in a vector source of packet
> length as input and it creates tags for it.
>
> I am able to receive these vectors correctly using rx_ofdm.grc

Hi Ashish,

and first of all, thanks for testing the OFDM codes.

> Now I want to send file as data but I dont find any block which adds tags to
> file.
>

> Alternately, can someone suggest the method of converting the file content into
> vectors of packet length configurable by the user so that it can be entered
> into the vector source.

There's no simple way to do this, which I believe is an omission. I've
created http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/603 and will add a block
soon.

Until then, you'll have to load the block into an array, split that into
manageable chunks and pass all of them as tagged streams to the
vector_source (in Python land).

Cheers,
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 07:05:08PM +0200, Martin Braun (CEL) wrote:
> > Alternately, can someone suggest the method of converting the file content
into
> > vectors of packet length configurable by the user so that it can be entered
> > into the vector source.
>
> There's no simple way to do this, which I believe is an omission. I've
> created http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/603 and will add a block
> soon.

Can you please try this:
https://github.com/mbant/gnuradio/tree/streamtagger