Forum: Inkscape Rounded corners

E73df93f2fa8b2d6cfa7f2150dcd6306?d=identicon&s=25 Abrolag (Guest)
For some reason, every time I try to draw a square I get rounded
corners. I
don't want this but can't find out how to stop it, so currently I draw
squares
by using the draw lines tool and making a closed shape. This is daft!

This problem has onl;y occurred since I moved from debian stable to
debian
testing.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Am 2013-10-18 13:35, schrieb Abrolag:
> For some reason, every time I try to draw a square I get rounded corners. I
> don't want this but can't find out how to stop it, so currently I draw squares
> by using the draw lines tool and making a closed shape. This is daft!
>
> This problem has onl;y occurred since I moved from debian stable to debian
> testing.

There are "Rx" and "Ry" fields in the toolbar when you are in the
rectangle tool. Set them both to 0 and you won't get rounded corners.
You can also set them to 0 after you have already drawn the rectangle if
the rectangle where you want to change it is selected.
E73df93f2fa8b2d6cfa7f2150dcd6306?d=identicon&s=25 Abrolag (Guest)
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:51:12 +0200
darkweasel <darkweasel94@gmail.com> wrote:

> rectangle tool. Set them both to 0 and you won't get rounded corners.
> You can also set them to 0 after you have already drawn the rectangle if
> the rectangle where you want to change it is selected.

Thanks. Hadn't noticed that.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
7f6f9e75239bfcc5bfb41014e9dc9a26?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Owens (Guest)
On Sat, 2013-10-19 at 19:19 +0100, Abrolag wrote:
> Thanks. Hadn't noticed that.

There is a button too, pressing it removes the rounded corners:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Rect_Toolbar

See 'Not rounded' in this old image.

Martin,
C8c7c0354ccd194fe57e45c8720b78a1?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Crutch (Guest)
For the sake of completeness: when you draw a rectangle it should show
two
small circular handles for graphically changing Rx and Ry. Dragging
these
into the corner will also set the roundedness to zero.

Mark

--
Co-creator of *The Greys* and *Monsters, Inked* webcomics (both created
with Inkscape)

Website      http://www.peppertop.com/
Facebook   http://facebook.com/TheGreysComic
Twitter        https://twitter.com/TheGreysComic