Forum: GNU Radio liquid-dsp in gnuradio why?

68e4cb2871861bbe64d2eb3d42ca298e?d=identicon&s=25 Alexandru Csete (Guest)

I notice more an more talk about integration of liquid-dsp into
gnuradio and apparently there is already a gr-liquiddsp out of tree
module on github.

I have known of liquid-dsp for quite some time now. It is my first
choice when I need SDR in pure C and I have nothing but the utmost
respect for the documentation it comes with.

I am however wondering what is the rationale behind integrating
liquid-dsp into gnuradio. From what I can see, most if not all
functionality in liquid-dsp is already available in gnuradio. Having
duplicated functionality is almost always wrong and hardly contributes
to clarity.

I am probably missing something or just misunderstand the situation,
so please enlighten me :)

D3e3c5e41e9aed486856802be823e181?d=identicon&s=25 Johnathan Corgan (Guest)
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
68e4cb2871861bbe64d2eb3d42ca298e?d=identicon&s=25 Alexandru Csete (Guest)
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Johnathan Corgan
<> wrote:
> some portions of it into the GNU Radio SDR framework.  In particular,
> the library has a number of FEC codecs and low-level math routines that
> would help round-out GNU Radio's functionality.
> Also of interest is the liquid-fpm fixed-point math library, which could
> help GNU Radio operate in embedded environments that do not have
> floating point capabilities.
> The experimental work done with gr-liquiddsp is being done out-of-tree
> and we have *not* yet worked out a development plan to incorporate it.

Thanks for the information.