Forum: NGINX log timeouts to access log

Ebfa54c92a50798dfdbbdb4e28ed1f29?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Kearsley (Guest)
Hi
I would like to log an indication of weather a request ended because of
a client timeout - in the access.log

e.g.

log_format normal '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] '
'"$request" $status $bytes_sent ' '"$http_referer" "$http_user_agent"
"$client_send_timed_out"';
where $client_send_timed_out would be a true/false or an 0/1 etc

Is there anything in there that would allow me to log that?

Many thanks
Richard
Hello!

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:11:10PM +0100, Richard Kearsley wrote:

> Is there anything in there that would allow me to log that?

Closest to what you ask about I can think of is the
$request_completion variable.  Though it marks not only timeouts
but whether a request was completely served or not.

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module...

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html
On 11/10/13 12:25, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> Closest to what you ask about I can think of is the
> $request_completion variable. Though it marks not only timeouts but
> whether a request was completely served or not.
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module...

thanks that might be what I need (as long as I ignore mp4/flv seeking
requests)

Cheers
Richard
Existing account