Forum: GNU Radio Summary of embedded working group at GRCON13

Bf9f933ba2147185954d9766d9f7c72f?d=identicon&s=25 Philip Balister (Guest)
I've taken the notes we made on the board and put them on the wiki at:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki...

Please add you name to the attendee list and edit as needed.

The next question is how do we keep the conversation going and how do we
actually get the work done.

Philip
49c4e5d024c18583bd6ca53aba800d29?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Dickens (Guest)
It is great to see some of the working group notes coming up for all to
work with on the GR wiki.  I'm thinking it would be great to see other
working group notes doing the same.  I know there's a page for GRC
improvements, which maybe is related to the discussion group as well as
the email and #irc discussions.  I'd love to see the same for the other
working groups.  Do we think it's worth the time for each working group
leader to create a page on the wiki and point the community to it?  I do
... - MLD
Ad80d352eb445a3d7dccd5a779db0e43?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (CEL) (Guest)
Great idea!

In fact, it's so good, it's already been implemented:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GRCon13WG

MB

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 08:02:22AM -0400, Michael Dickens wrote:
> > actually get the work done.

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstra├če 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT -- University of the State of Baden-W├╝rttemberg and
49c4e5d024c18583bd6ca53aba800d29?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Dickens (Guest)
Excellent!  Thanks for the link. - MLD
49c4e5d024c18583bd6ca53aba800d29?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Dickens (Guest)
Now that gnuradio.org is back up, we just need someone to populate the
wiki page on coprocessors ... I think the chair was from Sandia National
Labs .. don't remember his name now.  I'll take a shot at this page in
the next couple of days if nobody else gets there; quite a bit on my
queue just right now. - MLD
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Michael Dickens
<michael.dickens@ettus.com> wrote:
> Now that gnuradio.org is back up, we just need someone to populate the wiki page
on coprocessors ... I think the chair was from Sandia National Labs .. don't
remember his name now.  I'll take a shot at this page in the next couple of days
if nobody else gets there; quite a bit on my queue just right now. - MLD

It's Justin Ford from SNL that was leading this group. He was in touch
with me last night saying that he'd update the wiki soon. I'm actually
going to take his slides that he presented in the wrap-up session
right now and put them on that page for a start.

The next big question is how is each GRWG going to be communicate with
each other. The Wiki is the best place for more permanent ideas and
documentation about each WG, but there needs to be a coordinated
effort for communicating among the interested members. And it might
not be the same solution for each of the WGs. This is a topic of next
week's dev call if anyone wants to weigh in.

Tom
0e68794bc3b67eccf3c9ccfd5f3f1fd5?d=identicon&s=25 Gregory Warnes (Guest)
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Tom Rondeau <tom@trondeau.com> wrote:

> The next big question is how is each GRWG going to be communicate with
>  each other. The Wiki is the best place for more permanent ideas and
> documentation about each WG, but there needs to be a coordinated
> effort for communicating among the interested members. And it might
> not be the same solution for each of the WGs. This is a topic of next
> week's dev call if anyone wants to weigh in.

I've always found dedicated mailing lists ideal for special interest /
working discussions.

-Greg
Existing account

No account? Register here.