----Messaggio originale----

Da: mleech@ripnet.com

Data: 09/10/2013 16.31

A: <discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>

Ogg: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] R: R: Re: around empty subcarrier in 802.11n
implementation

    On 10/09/2013 09:55 AM, xefra@libero.it wrote:

      Hi guys,

      I've tried to follow the
        suggested procedure. I guess the problem is inside the uhd
        driver I'm using (UHD_003.005.001), since the set_rx_freq()
        gives the following error:

      AttributeError:
        'uhd_usrp_source_sptr' object has no attribute 'set_rx_freq'

      Or, maybe, the problem is
        the daughterboard, which is of type XCVR2450.

      Is there another way to set
        dc offset?

      Any hint will be greatly
        appreciated.

      Francesca

          Da: mleech@ripnet.com

          Data: 08/10/2013 16.22

          A: <xefra@libero.it>

          Ogg: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] around empty subcarrier in 802.11n
          implementation

          Likely, if it's the central tones, you're looking at
            DC-offset (or the removal thereof) interfering.

            You can use offset tuning in the hardware to slide the DC
            offset outside of your passband.

          http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/genera...

          on Oct 08, 2013, xefra@libero.it
            <xefra@libero.it> wrote:

            Hi list,

              I'm using gnuradio 3.6.0 together with USRPs N210 for
              implementing OFDM 802.11

              n communications, just SISO for the moment (in the future
              it would be MIMO). I

              have properly modified parameters such as FFT size, number
              of occupied tones

              and so on. I have also included all preambles (STF,
              LTF...) and I have

              accordingly modified the "correlate" and
              "calculate_equalizer" functions in

              ofdm_frame_acquisition. FEC is also included in the chain.
              In the

              ofdm_frame_sink file I've added a function that computes
              SNR in a per-carrier

              basis.

              Everything is working fine, I obtain about 80% of correct
              packets, but I've

              noticed from the snr plotting, that the carriers around
              the central empty one

              (3 subcarriers before and 3 subcarriers after) have very
              poor snr values. So

              I've investigated about this effect, and I've realized
              that the all

              transmission errors are in those subcarriers and, in most
              cases, FEC is able to

              recover, but I would like to understand why this happens.

              I conducted some searches in the web but unfortunately I
              didn't find an

              answer.

              Let me know if you need some other information about my
              implementation.

              Thanks for your attention

              francesca

    Since you're likely using the Gnu Radio interface that is a wrapper
    for UHD, you'd use the set_center_freq() method.

    --
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator

> I'm sorry, but really I have not idea
>
> Thank you again for your support
>
> francesca

You want to move the DC-anomaly right out of your passband, so choose an
offset that's slightly more than half your sample rate.
Existing account

No account? Register here.