Forum: GNU Radio Again bladerf / gqrx / gr-osmosdr

0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)

With latest versions of GR / bladerf / gqrx / gr-osmosdr again something
is
stuck. Gqrx does not work anymore, I get the following error during
make:

/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fpga_version'
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fw_version'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$ make
g++ -Wl,-O1 -o gqrx main.o mainwindow.o receiver.o cafsk12.o costabf.o
agc_impl.o correct_iq_cc.o lpf.o resampler_xx.o rx_demod_am.o
rx_demod_fm.o
rx_fft.o rx_filter.o rx_meter.o rx_agc_xx.o rx_noise_blanker_cc.o
sniffer_f.o stereo_demod.o afsk1200win.o agc_options.o audio_options.o
demod_options.o dockinputctl.o dockaudio.o dockfft.o dockiqplayer.o
dockrxopt.o freqctrl.o ioconfig.o meter.o nb_options.o plotter.o
qtcolorpicker.o nbrx.o receiver_base.o wfmrx.o pa_device_list.o
pa_sink.o
pa_source.o moc_mainwindow.o moc_cafsk12.o moc_afsk1200win.o
moc_agc_options.o moc_audio_options.o moc_demod_options.o
moc_dockaudio.o
moc_dockfft.o moc_dockinputctl.o moc_dockiqplayer.o moc_dockrxopt.o
moc_freqctrl.o moc_ioconfig.o moc_meter.o moc_nb_options.o moc_plotter.o
moc_qtcolorpicker.o qrc_icons.o    -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
-lboost_system
-lboost_program_options -lrt -lpulse-simple -lpulse -L/usr/local/lib
-lgnuradio-analog -lgnuradio-filter -lgnuradio-fft -lgnuradio-osmosdr
-lgnuradio-blocks -lgnuradio-runtime -lgnuradio-pmt -lQtSvg -lQtGui
-lQtCore
-lpthread
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fpga_version'
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fw_version'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$

When trying to run the previously built gqrx:

gqrx
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.3; Boost_104800;
UHD_003.005.003-164-g0c5099ab

gr-osmosdr v0.1.0-13-g9b41c6aa (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.2git-43-g9792b280
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd bladerf
Using Volk machine: avx_32_mmx_orc
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to DockInputCtl "DockInputCtl",
which
already has a layout
gr-osmosdr v0.1.0-13-g9b41c6aa (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.2git-43-g9792b280
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd bladerf
[INFO] Instance: 0
[INFO] Found a bladeRF
[INFO] Claimed all inferfaces successfully
[INFO] Change to alternate interface 1
[INFO] Changed into RF link mode: LIBUSB_SUCCESS
[WARNING] Could not extract serial number
[WARNING] Could not extract VCTCXO trim value
[WARNING] Could not extract FPGA size
Using nuand LLC bladeRF #0 SN 8efd2b30699e61bec690a0b37cc5ad57gqrx:
symbol
lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr-0.1.1git.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: bladerf_fw_version
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$

Any ideas out there? :)

Ralph.

--

Ralph A. Schmid
Mondstr. 10
<ralph@schmid.xxx> wrote:
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> moc_agc_options.o moc_audio_options.o moc_demod_options.o moc_dockaudio.o
> `bladerf_fw_version'
> gr-osmosdr v0.1.0-13-g9b41c6aa (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.2git-43-g9792b280
> [INFO] Changed into RF link mode: LIBUSB_SUCCESS
> [WARNING] Could not extract serial number
> [WARNING] Could not extract VCTCXO trim value
> [WARNING] Could not extract FPGA size
> Using nuand LLC bladeRF #0 SN 8efd2b30699e61bec690a0b37cc5ad57gqrx: symbol
> lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr-0.1.1git.so.0.0.0:
> undefined symbol: bladerf_fw_version
> ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$
>
> Any ideas out there? :)

I think it is because you don't use the latest bladerf library - or if
you do, you probably still have an older version left.

By the way, you should get this error while building gr-osmosdr and
not while building gqrx unless you build gqrx before gr-osmosdr, which
is the wrong order.

I had the same build error few days ago when I tried to build
gr-osmosdr in the gqrx/snapshots PPA against somebody elses bladerf
debian package. I have then updated the bladerf library to the latest
git where after everything built fine and is now avaialble through the
gqrx PPA: https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/snapshots
- though untested by me since I don't have the hardware.

Alex
0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)

> I think it is because you don't use the latest bladerf library - or if you
do, you
> probably still have an older version left.

Well, at least I made a git pull, make, sudo make install for bladerf.

> By the way, you should get this error while building gr-osmosdr and not
while
> building gqrx unless you build gqrx before gr-osmosdr, which is the wrong
> order.

The order should have been bladerf, gr-osmosdr, gqrx, but I will clean
everything and do it once again strictly by the book.

> I had the same build error few days ago when I tried to build gr-osmosdr
in
> the gqrx/snapshots PPA against somebody elses bladerf debian package. I
> have then updated the bladerf library to the latest git where after
everything
> built fine and is now avaialble through the gqrx PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/snapshots
> - though untested by me since I don't have the hardware.

OK, I see. So maybe I really do a very thorough cleanup, not that there
is
hidden some quite old bladerf stuff somewhere :)

Thanks a lot!

Ralph.
0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)
I did make uninstall and make clean in bladerf, gr-osmosdr and gqrx,
then
rebuild it all, still this error:

/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fpga_version'
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fw_version'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$

Time to restore the backup :)

With best regards

Ralph.
0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)

After cleaning everything still the message:

/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fpga_version'
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fw_version'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$

I have no idea what I should do to resolve this...

Ralph.

79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
<ralph@schmid.xxx> wrote:
> ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$
>
> I have no idea what I should do to resolve this...

Looks like there is something missing from your libbladeRF.so.  The
repository shows they were added on October 2nd.  Are you sure you're
building the latest stuff?

  https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/blame/master/host...

Brian
0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)

> Looks like there is something missing from your libbladeRF.so.  The
> repository shows they were added on October 2nd.  Are you sure you're
> building the latest stuff?

Should be the latest, when doing a git pull right before building it. I
did
not yet delete the whole BladeRF folder and clone into a totally new
folder,
maybe this helps?

Ralph.
79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
<ralph@schmid.xxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Looks like there is something missing from your libbladeRF.so.  The
>> repository shows they were added on October 2nd.  Are you sure you're
>> building the latest stuff?
>
> Should be the latest, when doing a git pull right before building it. I did
> not yet delete the whole BladeRF folder and clone into a totally new folder,
> maybe this helps?

I always recommend blowing away the build directory and rerunning
cmake .., make, sudo make install.

That is the best way I've found to make sure things are fresh.

I just rebuilt against everything last night and things seemed fine to
me.  Others have also reported success.

Let me know how it goes.

Brian
0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)
It stays the same, after uninstalling everything, pulling fresh repos,
building and installing bladeref, gr-osmosdr and gqrx in this order the
message when building gqrx remains

/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fpga_version'
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fw_version'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$

Ralph.

2afeb8a9881ac56b32da9d5089bd1078?d=identicon&s=25 Jared Clements (Guest)
Those look a lot like some errors I was getting a short while ago.  They
popped up while the compiler was at the linking stage.  My errors were
in
the CMakeList.txt files, which were somewhat opaque to me.

By elimination, can you verify that gnuradio can access your bladerf
directly?  Say a source to an fft plot, tuned to a local FM radio
station?

Jared
On Oct 10, 2013 11:13 AM, "Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras" <ralph@schmid.xxx>
0c86c3b09550eaad22e8a35a3a189672?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras (Guest)
What is "directly"? J At least I can use it before updating all this
stuff,
GR can RX and TX just fine, but through GR-osmosdr.

It looks to me that osmosdr may be the deeper involved in the problem,
when
not updating this one nothing wrong is happening.

At the moment I am on latest revision with bladerf and gqrx, gqrx works,
gnuradio works. Just updating gr-osmosdr will break things.

Ralph.

wrote:

It stays the same, after uninstalling everything, pulling fresh repos,
building and installing bladeref, gr-osmosdr and gqrx in this order the
message when building gqrx remains

/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fpga_version'
/usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so: undefined reference to
`bladerf_fw_version'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1
ras@ubuntu:~/gqrx$

Ralph.

Yeah, I would take that to the osmocom-sdr list, that's where those
developers usually hang out.

Jared
Existing account

No account? Register here.