Forum: Ruby on Rails When overriding the registration controller from devise, is it possible to access the newly created

5a41028798f4e263c2d0692f5b1847ec?d=identicon&s=25 Monserrat Foster (Guest)
I'm trying to create a folder right after a user registers, so I
the create action on the registration controller (devise) but I don't
how to access the newly created user in order to create the folder with
it's name to upload files later.

So far I've got this:

class RegistrationsController < Devise::RegistrationsController

  def new

  def create

  def update

  def create_folder
    path =':rails_root/tmp/')
    directory_name = ":current_user"
    Dir.mkdir(path, directory_name) unless File.exists?(directory_name)

 devise_for :users, :controllers => {:registrations => "registrations"}

I followed
override the registration controller.

   1. Should I leave it there or move it to the create action? Instead
   using a method
   2. is that the right way to access the current user?
   3. Maybe instead of registration it's better to do it on sign in?
52f3528c40e9cf28ad0900886eecb128?d=identicon&s=25 Jordon Bedwell (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Monserrat Foster
<> wrote:
> is that the right way to access the current user?
> Maybe instead of registration it's better to do it on sign in?

I don't know how you have your application encapsulated or even what
you consider behavior but if it were me I would skip trying to be
clever and skip trying to override methods I have no business being in
and simply hook into creation on the model: -- just
because it's tied to the database does not mean it's strictly an
interface between your app and the database ;).
72d362060aed96f3de7e1d4ca54f3dcc?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Eisenberg (Guest)
There is a resource object about that should have the newly created

Check out:

This methodology worked well for me.
Existing account

No account? Register here.