Forum: JRuby attempted duplicate class definition errors

070009144cf8801e53ea19f9b7cf5d2f?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Porterfield (Guest)
Hello!

We consistently see these errors when starting our server - I assume
from
multiple Ruby threads attempting to initialize classes that have not yet
been defined?

*java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of
> org/jruby/util/ClassCache$OneShotClassLoader): attempted duplicate class
> definition for name: "rubyobj/Some/ClassName"*

Is this expected, and if so is there some sort of workaround?
070009144cf8801e53ea19f9b7cf5d2f?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Porterfield (Guest)
A bit more info probably helps. We are on 1.7.3. I also noticed a bug
report (https://github.com/jruby/jruby/issues/188) that mentioned seeing
this issue with reify.classes=true, which we do have by default.
F1d37642fdaa1662ff46e4c65731e9ab?d=identicon&s=25 Charles Nutter (headius)
Add your details to that issue and I'll mark it for 1.7.6. I think we
can mutex or something to prevent the dupe definitions. There's some
logic there already, but it's probably not good enough.

- Charlie

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Ben Porterfield
Existing account

No account? Register here.