Forum: JRuby JRuby and Wicket

5c6727e573b7be20dea6a6880856a888?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Pence (Guest)
Hey guys,

As a hobby project, I would like to figure out what it takes to get
JRuby
and Wicket to play together. It has been almost a decade since my
Enterprise Java days, so I am not up to speed with all of the tooling.

My IDE of choice is RubyMine/IntelliJ, but I don't think that matters.
What
I need to figure out is how to make a Java project that includes JRuby,
Wicket, and bonus points for ActiveRecord with the ability to add gems,
etc. I am thinking that I could coddle together the Maven artifacts
(terminology?) for that?

Best,
Mike Pence
B05d3cbc64b0031a24c2887fb6ddc173?d=identicon&s=25 christian (Guest)
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Mike Pence <mike.pence@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am thinking that I could coddle together the Maven artifacts
> (terminology?) for that?

not sure whether I understood your question ! but maybe the answer is to
use https://github.com/torquebox/jruby-maven-plugins/

-christian
486ca04f06d968004643ce5b47376ded?d=identicon&s=25 Keith B. (keith_b)
Mike -

What exactly do you want to implement in Ruby and what in Java in that
app?  Do you just want to write a JRuby app that uses Wicket?  Or is
there
other stuff that will be in Java?

- Keith
5c6727e573b7be20dea6a6880856a888?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Pence (Guest)
Yes, primarily just that. If I could write a JRuby app that uses Wicket,
using Maven or whatever, that would be like my dream setup. I could
figure
out how to add ActiveRecord and such, subsequently.
B05d3cbc64b0031a24c2887fb6ddc173?d=identicon&s=25 christian (Guest)
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Mike Pence <mike.pence@gmail.com>
wrote:

> using Maven or whatever, that would be like my dream setup

the the jruby-maven-plugins are the right thing for you - let me know if
you need more help with them.

-christian
5c6727e573b7be20dea6a6880856a888?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Pence (Guest)
A recommendation for a tutorial on setting up Torquebox and Rails?
--
Mike Pence
Sarasota, FL

wrote:
using Maven or whatever, that would be like my dream setup

the the jruby-maven-plugins are the right thing for you - let me know if
you need more help with them.

-christian
486ca04f06d968004643ce5b47376ded?d=identicon&s=25 Keith B. (keith_b)
> A recommendation for a tutorial on setting up Torquebox and Rails?

Is this for the same project?  I thought you're using Wicket for the web
stuff...or are you using Rails for ActiveRecord, etc.?

- Keith
5c6727e573b7be20dea6a6880856a888?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Pence (Guest)
Yes, parts of Rails for ActiveRecord and such, but Wicket for the web
stuff
-- at least, that is my plan.
Existing account

No account? Register here.