Forum: GNU Radio Regarding Boost message queue

371d411c739f4bcedc3ba4ee0816ab5b?d=identicon&s=25 Naceur El Ouni (naeo)

I am developping some source code using a boost shared pointer
gr_message_sptr
which is retrieving from a queue (gr_msg_queue_sptr),
The issue is that when calling :

 gr_message_sptr mesg = queue->delete_head_nowait();

from within a while loop (BTW the queue itself is being passed from a
thread
function to a subsequent function which process it),

I got an error stated as:

... /usr/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:424: T*
boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = gr_message]:
Assertion
`px != 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped),
Even after googling the issue I got no clear explanation of am I doing
wrong
or missing.

All clarifications are welcome, thank you,

Regards,

> function to a subsequent function which process it),
> All clarifications are welcome, thank you,
>
> Regards,

This is very little information to go on. But it looks like you aren't
initializing your messages correctly.

It's core dumping. Do a search for how to create a core dump file and
read it with gdb; that can give you a lot more information about where
and why things are breaking.

--
Tom
GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4