Forum: NGINX Limit IP req/s excl bots

5fdada893aecf361d226b53067e276ff?d=identicon&s=25 SplitIce (Guest)
Does anyone know if there is any truth to this blog post:
http://gadelkareem.com/2012/03/25/limit-requests-p...

And if so where about in the code its implemented? I was trying to find
out
if its possible to use a map to control limit req/s limits but I still
cant
find the code that does what that article says is possible.

Regards,
Mathew
5fdada893aecf361d226b53067e276ff?d=identicon&s=25 SplitIce (Guest)
I also think I found that 0 length keys wont be stored. This isn't in
the
documentation but if I understand the code correctly they aren't, is
this
correct?

I could use a map then and get considerable flexibility.
40b4c848b8fcd63b0cb60b9d170c3a77?d=identicon&s=25 Valentin V. Bartenev (Guest)
On Wednesday 18 September 2013 17:45:54 SplitIce wrote:
> I also think I found that 0 length keys wont be stored. This isn't in the
> documentation but if I understand the code correctly they aren't, is this
> correct?
[...]

Just a quote from the documentation (http://nginx.org/r/limit_req_zone):

 | The key is any non-empty value of the specified variable (empty
values
 | are not accounted).

 wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev
Hello!

It's in the documentation, see http://nginx.org/r/limit_req_zone:

: ... The key is any non-empty value of the specified variable (empty
: values are not accounted). ...

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM, SplitIce <mat999@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if there is any truth to this blog post:

http://gadelkareem.com/2012/03/25/limit-requests-p...

> > And if so where about in the code its implemented? I was trying to find
> > out if its possible to use a map to control limit req/s limits but I still
> > cant find the code that does what that article says is possible.

The configuration provided in the post linked doesn't do any
whitelisting.  Though it's mostly trivial to introduce one using a
map{}.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html

Thanks, Ill be using map. That blog lead me down the wrong track.
Existing account

No account? Register here.