Forum: NGINX How to get rid of 204 Intercepted requests of IDM ?

Ef068b6ee9c5dad3134640861d17f0ae?d=identicon&s=25 shahzaib m. (shahzaib12)
Hello,

         We're running a video streaming website with nginx for
streaming
videos. The issue we're having is, whenever user try to stream any mp4
or
flv file from our site using chrome, IDM(Internet Download Manager)
comes
between the browser and webserver and directly downloads that file and
doesn't player let stream that file.

We've found the following line in google inspect element tool:

204 Intercepted by the IDM Advanced Integration

Can someone guide me that how can i block those 204 intercept requests
in
order to prevent IDM for bothering the player ? There are so many users
complaining for it. :(

You can also check the sample attach file regarding the issue.

Help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shahzaib
Maxim Dounin (Guest)
Hello!

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 02:43:42PM +0500, shahzaib shahzaib wrote:

> 204 Intercepted by the IDM Advanced Integration
>
> Can someone guide me that how can i block those 204 intercept requests in
> order to prevent IDM for bothering the player ? There are so many users
> complaining for it. :(
>

> You can also check the sample attach file regarding the issue.
>
> Help would be highly appreciated.

Have you tried asking these guys directly?
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/ne...

The "tell us" link seems to be a nop, but almost all FAQ pages
have contact forms.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html

                 We didn't ask yet. I'll back to you with details.

Thanks
Shahzaib
Ef068b6ee9c5dad3134640861d17f0ae?d=identicon&s=25 shahzaib m. (shahzaib12)
Isn't there anything i can do on server side ?

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM, shahzaib shahzaib
Javier Lavandeira (Guest)
Hi Shahzaib,

I don't think there's much to do on the server side. This is a third
party client-side application that is taking over downloads. Maybe you
could somewhat mitigate the problem by adding/changing some MIME types,
but probably that wouldn't help much in this case.

I would tell your users to uninstall IDM.

Regards,

--
Javi Lavandeira
Twitter: @javilm

Blog: http://www.lavandeira.net/blog/
Ef068b6ee9c5dad3134640861d17f0ae?d=identicon&s=25 shahzaib m. (shahzaib12)

@Maxim i've also contacted IDM through the link you provided me. I'll
let
you know about their reply.

Regards.