Forum: Inkscape Difference operation between group of objects and single object

8957bd1143d1cac9f587d9ed0ccd827f?d=identicon&s=25 Guiu Rocafort (Guest)
I have a rectangle, also a group of objects which is the result of
creating a small circle and applying scatter extension so it
distributes along the rectangle borders.

Then I try to apply the difference operation but doesn't seem to work.
If I ungroup and I apply the operation selecting each circle and the
rectangle one by one it works but not as a group.

Does Inscape allow to apply the difference operation between a group
and a single object ? If it doesn't, some suggestions about how to do
that faster ?

PD: I'm trying to achieve something like this:
http://howto.nicubunu.ro/inkscape_postage_stamps/

Thanks in advance
Guiu Rocafort
C53fc1a55a7e1d09adda245cf20e9ff0?d=identicon&s=25 Terry Brown (Guest)
On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 02:47:31 +0200
Guiu Rocafort <neandertalspeople@gmail.com> wrote:

> that faster ?
>
> PD: I'm trying to achieve something like this:
> http://howto.nicubunu.ro/inkscape_postage_stamps/

Select all the circles and do Path -> Combine so it's just one object,
not a group?

Cheers -Terry
El 12/09/2013 03:23, "Terry Brown" <terry_n_brown@yahoo.com> escribió:
> > rectangle one by one it works but not as a group.

thanks terry. yes it worked that way. i guess i still have plenty of
things
to learn in inkscape yet.

cheers. guiu

> Cheers -Terry
>
> > Thanks in advance
> > Guiu Rocafort

> 1. Consolidate legacy IT systems to a single system of record for IT
> 2. Standardize and globalize service processes across IT
> 3. Implement zero-touch automation to replace manual, redundant tasks

http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=5127...
9625234ca6ba67c5e03b0f84219141fc?d=identicon&s=25 Maarten van der Velde (Guest)
Select all circles and press CTRL-PLUS ( plus-sign on the numpad).

CTRL-MINUS works the other way around, substract one object from the
other.
56535f9b706b64b9c4b780c79a2c6e20?d=identicon&s=25 John Fisher (Guest)
thats very useful!
Existing account

No account? Register here.