Forum: Inkscape Include Filename as Variable in Drawing

71da5f9ab30dc87f8542b427fc2aed45?d=identicon&s=25 "Peter Schürch" <p.schuerch@meierpartner.ch> (Guest)
Hi
Is it possible to include the filename as a variable or field in an
inkscape drawing?
Thanks, Peter

--
Inkscape 0.48, Windows 7
Meier und Partner AG, Switzerland, www.meierpartner.ch

hth,
Alvin Penner testname.svg
<http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/file/n4967843/tes...

Thanks, Alvin,
but how do I read the value of an XML-variable so it can be displayed in
the drawing as a dynamic field (e.g. like fields in Word).

[we use Inkscape for drawings in our reports, so we would like to have
the filename on the drawings so they can be located on the server
easily]

Peter

attached is an svg file made by Inkscape 0.48.4. If you open this with a
text editor, then you will see that one of the lines in the header says:
   sodipodi:docname="testname.svg"
You can also see this name inside Inkscape by going to Edit->XML Editor
and clicking on the top line, which looks like <svg:svg id = "x">

hth,
Alvin Penner testname.svg
<http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/file/n4967843/tes...

Two ideas:
1. Pre-process the svg files: use sed or python or wtvr and replace a
marker string with the file name, such that it will appear as a text
thingy
when svg is viewed.
2. Similar to 1, but use python in inkscape (extension) to manage this
variable replacement dynamically.

/d
Existing account

No account? Register here.